Unexploded Ordnance Training Program
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must be able to pass an OSHA Physical
Must be able to pass a background check
Must be able to acquire a TN Explosive Handler’s Permit
Cannot be claustrophobic or color blind
Every person wishing to enroll in the UT-RELYANT UXO Training Program will be required to complete multiple steps in the application process. Please refer to the time-table to ensure that you are able to enroll in your preferred class starting date. Upon completing the online registration form, you will be receiving a registration packet in the mail. The registration packet will include all of the necessary instructions and forms to complete all of the different steps in the registration process.
Course Description: UXO Technician I Training
- Certifications: UXO Tech 1 Certificate; HAZWOPER Certificate; IMAS Certificate; Heavy Machinery Certificate
- Course Duration: 7 weeks
- Course Fees: $9,495
- Course Locations: Knoxville and Greenback, Tennessee
- Questions: 865-724-2446
- Process application – 1 week
- Obtain Federal Background Check – 3 business days (school will provide for you)
- Obtain TN Explosive Handler’s Certificate – must be applied for before the start of class
- Physical Exam and Drug Test – school will perform on the first day of class
Upcoming course dates:
- September 11 – October 27, 2023
- January 22 – March 8, 2024
- March 18 – May 3, 2024
- July 8 – August 23, 2024
- September 9 – October 25, 2024
There are several different methods to pay for the program. Many people have realized that VA benefits or student loans are the best way to pay for education. Please read the section below about both of these options. We would be more than happy to assist anyone with questions about payment. Please contact our office at 865-974-0150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
VA Education Benefits
We encourage all active or former military personnel to check their VA Education Benefits. Most veterans can have their full tuition paid for plus additional money for excess expenses. Please check with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to see what you qualify for. Also, refer to the University of Tennessee Veterans Success Center.
Sallie Mae Student Loans
Please visit the Sallie Mae website for loan options.
When applying, make sure to use our school code: 00353097 or click on The University of Tennessee – Professional & Personal Development in the drop down menu.
*For cancellation/refund information, see our FAQ page.