The Smoky Mountain Field School enhances public appreciation, understanding, and stewardship of Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the natural world while promoting the idea of learning as a joyful and enriching part of life.
We seek to accomplish this through:
• educating public audiences about the Park’s natural and cultural resources through a variety of activities, using University researchers and other professionals knowledgeable of the Park;
• encouraging adults and young people to explore the outdoors and sharpen their skills at observing and interpreting the natural world;
• maintaining a commitment to high-quality, affordable, and accessible educational opportunities;
• emphasizing the beauty, diversity, and fragility of the Park’s natural and cultural resources in all publications and programs; and
• maintaining and nurturing a cooperative relationship between the founding partners, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Question? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (865) 974-0150.